Personal Loans

(Subject to eligibility and affordability)
Feefo 5 star Rating

CREDIT POOR IS A LICENSED CREDIT BROKER AND NOT A LENDER. WARNING: LATE REPAYMENT CAN CAUSE YOU SERIOUS MONEY PROBLEMS. FOR HELP, GO TO MONEYADVICESERVICE.ORG.UK

What Is a Personal Loan?

A personal loan is described as a loan offered by a bank or lender which is usually not secured against any of your property (e.g. your home). Additionally, it is known as an unsecured loan. You will find secured personal loans on the market; however, the most popular personal loans are unsecured.

Why Would You Need a Personal Loan?

Personal loans are simply what the name implies – for personal use. That being the scenario, you will find countless reasons why people opt for a personal loan. There are many inspiring factors that are generally well-known for those who opt for personal loans:

Debt Consolidation:

People with a number of credit card balances can come up to pay back all of them with a personal loan so as to have a handy single monthly repayment. They might also get a lesser APR, allowing them to repay the debt more rapidly.

Unexpected Expenses:

For those who have unpredicted expenses like heavy healthcare bills or costly car repairs, personal loans could relieve the stress of financial emergencies.

Home Improvement:

Rather than using the equity in your house to finance home improvement tasks, personal loans are one more substitute for getting the cash you need.

Things to Look out for

Early payment charges:

It might appear counterproductive that a loan provider would reprimand you for returning whatever you borrowed to them sooner; however, in some instances, it happens. Early repayment charges are some loan provider’s strategy for getting back together any missing interest they might have made in case you had carried on your repayments as originally promised. Be sure you check into any early repayment fees prior to committing – you do not want to be penalised and have to be charged for more.

Representative rates:

If you notice quite a low APR that appears to be too good to be true, it most likely is. Representative rates are types of what APR you can get if you applied and got accepted. A representative rate simply means it must be what the majority of customers qualify for – 51% will be deemed as the majority. If you get the other 49%, you may feel deceived. Sadly, the only way you could find out the APR that is applicable to you is by undergoing your application process.

Origination fees:

Much like joining a gymnasium, occasionally loan providers offer the monthly instalment, but do not alert you about your initiation charge until you are nearly all set to sign. Origination fee can be another term for “application fee”, or another strategy for loan providers for making extra cash. Whilst application fees are generally low (around 2%), it may accumulate quickly in case you are borrowing a large amount.

Serial applications:

Since personal loans are usually unsecured, your credit is going to be checked whenever you apply. Each query is documented on the credit report, and so many inquiries could lower your credit score. Avoid making an application for several loans, since it can make it seem as if you’re untrustworthy.

CreditPoor does not charge any fees. If you are contacted by anyone saying they are calling from CreditPoor requesting you make them a payment you should contact the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) as we are aware that there is currently a scam using the CreditPoor brand. This has nothing to do with our company.